Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Romeo & Juliet #1: Queen Elizabeth I

Now, you may be asking yourself what does Queen Elizabeth I have to do with Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet?  You see, William Shakespeare wrote during what's known  today as Elizabethan England, or to put it simply, during the reign of Elizabeth I. 
Elizabeth II (Current Queen of England)





Elizabeth I












Your task is to learn more about the reign of Queen Elizabeth I in order to better understand the culture and history of Williams Shakespeare.
  1. Borrow the movie, Elizabeth, from Mr. Shelby.  Please watch it in its entirety.
  2. View the following short videos about the Tudor Age.  (Elizabeth I was a Tudor!) 

Horrible Histories: Strange Tudor Laws

 

Horrible Histories: Tudor Sugar-Paste Toothpaste 

Horrible Histories: Tudor Currency

Horrible Histories: Terrible Tudors

 And finally...

3.  Complete this Queen Elizabeth I webquest.  You will be asked to gather some research from four (4) websites to create a collage.  The details are in the webquest.  (Feel free to use some of the information you learned from the videos, too!)  Your completed work should be turned in to Mr. Shelby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment